Pages

October 25, 2009

Read-a-thon #6

7:24. a. m. (CET) I've completed the book Troubling Love by Elena Ferrante. (216 pages). Well, I've read the last 40 pages in a hurry. The way of storytelling wasn't interesting for me, just the solve of the mistery, how Delina's mother has died.

Taking into account, that it's style wasn't fit for my taste, I think, I was quite patient with this book. We know from the first sentence, Amalia, the mother has died, but we have to read till the last pages, to learn, what happened really on that night.

I think, I won't return to the other book (Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann) for a while, I think, I'll read one of the "preferred" books from my read-a-thon pile.

The novel by Kehlmann is really good, I love it, but I need something different now.

Previous posts:
My read-a-thon pile
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5

2 megjegyzés:

ccqdesigns said...

Now that it's past midnight and our eyes are drooping lower, it's time for us night owls to get our second wind! So here is a big HOOT from Alabama. Keep on Reading!!!! Just a few more hours to go!!!!

Go Reading,Go Reading,Go Reading!!!
Rebecca
the Transcendentalists team!

Valerie said...

I hope you feel you got a lot of reading done during the readathon, and that you had fun!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates