Pages

October 24, 2009

Read-a thon #1

I started to read finally an another book: Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann. It's a historical fiction about Carl Friedrich Gauss, the matematician and Alexander von Humboldt the naturalist and explorer (he was the younger borther of the great Prussian stateman)

The novel was a great success in Germany and I have some idea why. After 60 pages I have to say, it is very amusing. The portrayal of Humboldt is a bit more like a caricature and the childhood of Gauss is a quite sad story, because he is much much much much much more clever than the other people, even when he is only 8 years old, and that makes him so sad.

I think, this book will be my "book of the day".

My read-a thon pile you can find here....

3 megjegyzés:

Aarti said...

I love historical fiction, so I think this is a great read-a-thon choice. Good luck!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Glad you are enjoying it! Best of luck today.

Belle said...

So glad you're enjoying the book. Good luck with the readathon!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates