Pages

September 07, 2008

The Sunday Salon: Still short stories

Hello Fellow Saloners!

After I've joined a short story challenge last Sunday, I started to plan from wich books, by wich authors I would like to read short stories this month.

Surprising I've found among my books some samples I've been never read, for exemple a collection of short stories by Thomas Mann, an original, German version, and a book by Ernest Hemingway within the story The Snows of Kilimanjaro.

(There are periods in my life, when I really like to read the novels of Hemingway, my favourite is the The Sun Also Rises/ Fiesta - as I know this book has two different titles, one for the American and an other for the European edition.)

I've got a book by Jorge Luise Borges, I've already written about the short story: Funes, the Memorious, and a lots of antologies by Hungarian writers from the early 20. century. The author of this week on this blog is Gyula Krudy,and there is one story I mentioned already written by him: Death and the Journalist

These are the books I have on my desk this Sunday afternoon. Althrough it's quite hot here in Hungary, I try to read as many as possible, and to write about them in the next couple of days.

1 megjegyzés:

Clare Dudman said...

Sounds like a pretty stunning selection to me! Happy reading and I hope it cools down a little. It's gone pretty autumnal in the UK already.

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates