Pages

October 25, 2009

The Sunday Salon: A new French star-author?

OK, after the 24 hour read-a-thon, here is my normal Sunday Salon post for this Sunday.

As I mentioned last week, I discovered some interesting new books on my favourite publisher's site. This company publishes usually the really really best of the contemporary Hungarian literature, for example it is the publisher of the books written by Imre Kertesz, Peter Esterhazy and Peter Nadas.

And that's why I'm a bit confused. I've found among the newest books a novel by a young French writer Anna Gavalda. As I can see, she's going to be more and more popular here in Hungary, but reading the plot of her stories, I think, her works are no more just simple (and really simple, almost stupid ) romantic stories. It's not that quality like the works by the other authors .

OK, I know, I should have a try, let's see what kind is her style really. I know, many of the greatest novels in the history have quite simple spot, and still they are great work.

But, I have a question to you, fellow Saloners, have you heard about Anna Gavalda? Have you read any novel by her? What are your experiences?

Happy Reading!

1 megjegyzés:

Book Bird Dog said...

Never heard of her. Do let us know how you like her books.

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates