Pages

September 21, 2009

The Sunday Salon: It's challenge time!

Thank God, I've my notebook, I've a mobile internet connection, so I can spend this wonderful warm and sunny autumn afternoon outside. Maybe the last time this year.

Oh, how I'll miss the Sun in January or February!

So, to spend the autumn with reading and blogging I've found an interesting reading challenge for Fall 2009:


And I've written a review about the novel Possession by A. S. Byatt this week for my participating in The Decades Challenge 09.

Well, only with the German Reading Challege I should a bit hurry to reach my goal reading 12 books by German authors this year, but I hope, I can do it.

I still haven't finished the novel Frater Gregorius by Mor Jokai, but "unfortunately", I started to read The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.

Well, at least, I'm in the same years of the past. (Jokai's book is set chiefly in the period of the 1520's and 1530's too.)

I say unfortunately, but I mean it ironically, of course. The life of the Boleyn's, told from Mary Boleyn's point of view seems to be an exciting story. But it's a soooooooo long book, I'll spend some day with it surely next week too.

Anyway,

Happy Reading!

Oh, yes, and I didn't forget the list I promised last week.

2 megjegyzés:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'll be joining this one; it was fun and easy last year :)

Ivana said...

I'm dying to read something by Phillipa Gregory, but still haven't. Maybe I'll squeeze it into the challenge if I find something book.
Thank you for stopping by! I'm from Croatia, nice to have a neighbor-blogger!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates