Pages

September 22, 2009

Fall into Reading 2009 - My list

A new reading challenge for me?
Yep.

The site http://callapidderdays.com/
hosts a reading challenge for this autumn, the
Fall Into Reading 2009

So, here is my list:

Book I started to read, but still not finished:
The March by E. L. Doctorow
(Review here....)
Frater Gyorgy [Frater Gregorius] by Mor Jokai
(mini-review here)

A fenykepesz utokora [The Photographer's Posterity] by Pal Zavada

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
(Review here....)

Books I'm going to read during this fall:

The Penelopiad by Margareth Atwood
(Review here...)
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
(Review here...)
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
(Review here....)

The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass

The Jewess of Toledo by Lion Feuchtwanger
(Review here....)
Perfume by Patrick Süskind
(Review here...)
True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
(mini-review here)
The White King by Gyorgy Dragoman
(Review here....)

14 megjegyzés:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Good luck with the challenge. I LOVED The Reader. This is a fun challenge.

Marie Cloutier said...

Good luck with it. You have some great books there! I hope you enjoy The Reader and The Penelopiad.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks like you have some good variety for this fall! I have to admit, I haven't read any of the books on your list...

Enjoy your fall reading! Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading '09!

Susanne said...

Looks like your in for great fall reading!

Just Mom said...

You have some great titles listed! Never heard of White King, just Gregory's White Queen, so that oen I'llhave to go Google. Good luck with the challenge!

ninaivanovna said...

Thanks for all the comments.

@JustMom, The White King is a Hungarian best selling novel translated into English last year, and as I know, it was a success in the UK.

And, I'm not sure, but it's quite possible, that the author's mother is a teacher in my ex-high school.

Amy said...

I loved The Other Boleyn Girl - Gregory is a true storyteller. Have fun!

Emily said...

The Tin Drum is a really interesting book for sure. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Those books are all new to me, but I hope they're all great! I'll have to stop back in a little while and see what you think about them :) Good luck!

Joyful said...

Hi Anni,
These are all new books to me.
I just LOVE going through this list of fellow book reader's and learn about new books.
Good luck on the challenge,
Joyful

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're planning to read Perfume! Will check in from time to time for your review. I just received the book and may add it to my list for the Fall Into Reading Challenge.

Alison (Alison's Book Marks) said...

I have yet to come across a Fall Into Reading list without one book provoking me to say "oh, I loved that one!" or "Oh, I should put that one on MY list!"

The Reader - "I loved that one!"

E.L. Doctorow's book I want to add to my list! (really liked Homer and Langley)

argsmommy said...

I love to see what everyone is planning to read!

Thanks for your comment on my blog -- so far John Adams is excellent, but I will write up something at the end of the challenge.

Kellie

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of any of the books on your list, with the exception of The Other Boleyn Girl. I've been wanting to read that for a while, but can't ever remember to pick it up when I'm at the library. Good luck completing your challenge list!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates