Pages

January 03, 2010

The Sunday Salon: New Year New Energy

OK, I know, December was a perfect disaster on this blog, especially in the challenges. But let's forget the last year and look forward to this year.

I started to read Skylark Farm by Antonia Arslan this Sunday. She is an Italian writer and academic of Armenian origin and the story is about the Armenian genocide in 1915. The topic of the novel is very serious basicly, but after 40 pages the style of the narration looks very feminin. It's more about the relationships within a family than about the external political factors. So, its sometimes a bit boring, but I hope it will be more interesting soon.

Also currently reading
My Autobiography by Charles Chaplin
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli

2 megjegyzés:

Book Dilettante said...

Some serious books you have listed! Hope you'll visit my Sunday Salon! Happy New Year!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I hope 2010 makes up for your bad December 2009 :) enjoy whatever you choose to read!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates