Pages

June 02, 2009

The Sunday Salon: A bit belated post

Uh, I’m always confused with those "long weekends". The whit Monday seems to be like a gratis Sunday for me, and it could be one on the reasons for this belated Sunday Salon post.

On the other hand, on Sunday I was soooo tired, and the next day was a quite busy one, but I really wanted to write a new post.

I finished the novel The French Lieutenant’s Woman by John Fowles on Sunday second time within a year. I love this book, and yes, it’s about representation of the past in a novel for me again. I like it, because it finds the difference between the past and present in the difference of the meaning of some usual words. We use maybe the same words like the people one and a half century before, but we’re thinking different, so our life is completely different.

Then I started to read Terra Amata by Le Clezio, and I had to notice, I've read mostly books from the 60’s and the 70’s recently, so it’s time to start my The Decade Challenge participation too.

And today is Tuesday, a day to spend in the central library of Budapest. I like its building, the atmosphere, (and yes, the book too) and as a country girl I'm always glad to visit such an important and serious institute.

Happy reading!

1 megjegyzés:

Julie said...

I am a fan of The French Lieutenant's Woman too, although I've only read it once. What a fascinating book that is!

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates