Pages

November 30, 2008

The Sunday Salon: It's Austen-time again



Oh, it was such a busy week!


I was travelling all the week, sitting on train in average 3 hours a day. That means, I was reading and reading and reading and...


I’ve finished the book Sinistra Zone by Adam Bodor, here is my review. As I know, this book is available in translation in different languages.


The another book about I’ve written a post is The Case Worker by Gyorgy Konrad. He is a recognised writer not only in Hungary but in Germany too, he received the Carlomagne Award in 2001. The Case Worker is one of his first novel, and a have to say, it isn’t a light reading.


I read several dramas from the 80’s too, I’m thinking now about a mini series here on the blog, with the title Dramatic December


But this Sunday is dedicated to female writers again.


I’ll continue to read the Lust by Elfriede Jelinek. It’s quite outspoken text about relationship between husband and wife, and of course we can find very bizarre but still interesting sentences and very original phrases in this book.


And it’s Austen-time again. I’m going to read Emma today. This is my favourite Austen-novel, I’ve read it already cca 10 years ago, so, I’m curious, what will I see something new in this story, what will be my reflexions to this text.


Happy reading!

1 megjegyzés:

Anonymous said...

I'm about a fourth of the way through Emma :-) . It's a good book, but Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite Austen book.

One thing I DO find interesting about Emma is the politics and social order established and maintained by the ladies of the houses, particularly how the few could establish or banish someone from the polite society with a word... or the lack of an invitation.

Enjoy rereading it ;-)

 
Copyright © Almost insider. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Simple Blogger Tutorials. Distributed by Blogger Templates